Sunday, July 25, 2010

hi!

It's been on my To-Do list for several years now to start an online journal, and I'm finally able to cross it off today. The trick will be keeping it updated.

So it's July 24, 2010. But I'm not exactly sure where to begin my story. I want this to be something that my children can read one day and see what kind of person I was, and what kind of things I did before they were born. Hopefully I'm not too late.

Ryan and I have been living in our apartment in Plantation (just west of Ft. Lauderdale) for 3 months now. When we found out we'd be moving here, I wasn't very thrilled, but I couldn't be happier now that we're here. Yes, it's hot, but I have a new appreciation for the heat after living in Pittsburgh for a year. Now I just have to work on getting used to the crime and snap out of my naive-it won't happen to me, frame of mind. I had a huge wake up call 3 days ago when my car got broken into and my purse and wallet were stolen. Pretty sure I won't ever let that happen again. Ya Live and Learn, right?

So both of us are officially "grown-ups" and doing the 9-5 thing everyday. Well, not quite 9-5, but more like 8-8. We spend so much time working and it seems like our plates just keep getting bigger and bigger. I never knew having a "real job" would be this challenging. [School was always such a breeze, who would have thought a job would be any different? :P] I think about work when I'm not at work and I take my work home and do more work there. We both are worried that we might get burnt out too quickly. Is it normal to be putting in this many hours as the "new guy" in a new career? Does everyone else worry this much about work when they aren't at work? How are we supposed to get anything done for ourselves outside of work? Do working folk have a social life? How will we ever have time for kids in the future? These are all the questions Ryan and I keep asking ourselves, and still not quite sure on the answers. Don't get me wrong, we both love our job and are really thankful to have a job at all and make the money we do, but it sure is tough!

That's all for now, I have a lot more to write about, I'm just going to space it out in different posts so I don't bore anyone ;P

Gnite, Linds

No comments :

Post a Comment